~~~~~ATTENTION~~~~~ I have decided to close down my blog and my facebook page. After a lot of thought and tears I've had to make this hard decision. I no longer have fun working the blog or the page. It feels more like a job to me now, not to mention I've been neglecting the street teams of the authors whom I love the most. I will be closing this page on October 1st. Thank you all so much for being a part of my book world and supporting me.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Jackson's Destiny

Title: Jackson's Destiny
Series: Sawyer Brothers #2
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: October 20, 2015 Publisher: Limitless Publishing
Shaken to his core, the loss was excruciating…
Jackson Sawyer was strong, confident, cocky, and arrogant, but when he loved, he loved hard.
The Sawyer family was faced with a tragedy that rocked their foundation. Jackson, however, was hit the hardest. He’s the one who can't seem to rise above the grief.
It has overtaken him…
Until he finds Bailey Whitmore. She also has a darkness she just can't shake. Yet she hides it well—tucking her sadness away, and shadowing it with a spunky attitude. 
But those demons have a way of showing up when you least expect it…
Love is intense.
Loss is inevitable.
Pain and anger are unavoidable.
Will they find the strength to rebuild their tainted hearts together? 
Or will it go against…Jackson’s Destiny?
“C.A. Harms has created a fast paced read that will take your heart away. It will make you laugh and love all at the same time. I truly loved this storyline and the depth of the main characters.” ~ Goodreads Reviewer
“Like always I have a lot of praise for C.A Harms, for she is a true story-teller and place would on a page that will have you glued to a book till the very end like all her other book this one will not disappoint, and you will want her to find you a Prince Charming or cowboy just like the ones she writes about.” ~ Goodreads Reviewer
“WOW! These Sawyer brothers are some HOT cowboys! I usually don't care too much for stories that are about cowboys, but after reading C.A. Harms' "cowboys", I'm starting to change my mind! They are starting to make me think I should have gotten myself a cowboy! LOL.” ~ I Love Story Time
I heard Olivia’s laughter just before the front door opened. “I did not,” she said.
“Oh yes you did,” Jackson insisted as he dropped his keys onto the table next to the couch. “Thank God it wasn’t Bailey’s Jeep. Hell, she would flip her shit if it was.”
That comment caught my full attention. “What happened?”
They both turned to face me, and Jackson grinned. Pointing toward Liv, he continued to taunt her with his orneriness. “Little Miss Speed Demon here wrecked my truck.”
Olivia’s eyes widened, and she looked like she was panicking. “You liar. You said you’d never tell.”
I couldn’t help but laugh. The two of them were always so funny together. They would pick and prod at one another, always trying to get under one another’s skin, even over little things.
“Bailey is different,” Jackson said as he walked around the counter and placed his hand on my hip. “She’s the cool aunt who’s with the cool uncle, and she ain’t gonna say shit. Are ya, babe?”
Before I could answer, he leaned forward and placed a kiss against my lips. Not one of those soft, sweet kisses but one of the hard, loud ones that was playful and full of silliness.
“Besides, I need her to run into town and pick up the tire after Booker gets it mounted and balanced.”
“Tire?’ I asked.
“Yep. Never yell ‘squirrel’ when a teenage girl is behind the wheel.” Jackson widened his eyes. “I should have just let her hit it.”
“There was no squirrel, you fool,” Olivia fired back, crossing her arms over her chest.
“I know. It was a reflex test, and darlin’, you failed that shit,” he told her with a chuckle.
I was so damn lost at this point. “Wait, what happened, exactly?”
“This dumbass yelled ‘squirrel,’ and I freaked out. But there was no damn squirrel; he just wanted to see how I would react.” She looked away from me and narrowed her eyes at Jackson. “He scared the hell out of me, and I ran off the road.”
“‘Ran off the road,’ hell,” Jackson barked. “She went down in the ditch and blew out my tire. Bent my rim to shit and crushed my running board.” He leaned over the counter, placing his elbow on the marble top. “Oh, and let’s not forget about the hood and windshield.”
“What happened to the hood and windshield?” I asked.
Jackson stared at Olivia, and she stared back at him. They were waiting for the other to explain.
“Fine,” Olivia huffed. “I hit Mr. Burk’s irrigation equipment. Well, just the side of it. It scraped the hood and cracked the windshield. But in my defense, it’s the dumbass’s fault for yelling ‘squirrel.’”
I could no longer hold back my laughter. I bent at the waist, and tears blurred my vision as I howled. Jackson was right; I wouldn’t say a word, but I sure as hell was going to take a few minutes to be amused by the situation he and Liv had found themselves in.
“Damn,” he groaned as he pushed farther inside. His head tipped back as he thrust forward, taking that last inch. I felt so full, so consumed by Jackson. That realization overwhelmed me and left me feeling so raw. I closed my eyes tightly, concentrating on the pleasure alone, willing away the emotions it brought on.
“Eyes,” Jackson demanded. “I need your eyes on me.”
I looked at him as he lowered his body over mine, placing his arms under my shoulders, keeping himself extended above me. “When I’m inside you, I need your eyes on me,” he whispered. “I wanna know what you’re feeling, know you’re with me completely.”
“I’m with you,” I assured him as I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him against me.
He lowered his lips to mine as he began to thrust inside of me. Our bodies moved in perfect rhythm as his tongue in my mouth mimicked the motion of his cock inside me. I could feel myself building to a climax once more, and I knew Jackson could feel it too as he lifted his head and looked at me. My eyes fluttered shut from the intense orgasm cresting inside me.
“Eyes on me, baby,” he commanded.
I didn’t hesitate to obey, and our eyes locked on one another. “When you hit that peak, I need to see you.” Jackson lowered his hand to where we were joined and began rubbing his thumb over my clit, applying just enough pressure. I moaned as I began to fall over the edge.
“Yes.” I bit down on my lip and focused on his lust-filled eyes.
“Beautiful,” he whispered. And in that moment, I did feel beautiful. Jackson made me feel a whole lot of things I hadn’t before. He gave me everything I had been missing but had never demand because I didn’t think I was worthy of happiness. And now that I’d sampled what being his was like, I knew nothing would ever compare.
C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict. She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment